Frequently Asked Questions
How are sewer rates determined?
By square footage of the finished living space of the residence, not including garages, sheds, unfinished attics or basements.
How do I pay my bill?
- By mail with check.
- Online by credit card.*
- In person with cash, check or credit card.*
- By phone with credit card.*
- Automatic payment through direct withdrawal from a checking or savings account (download form or pick-up from PLRWSD Office, and submit in-person or via fax, 208-634-7613)
* a 3% fee will be charged for all credit card transactions.
When will I get a bill?
- PLRWSD bills ahead, meaning that customers will be paying for the upcoming month(s).
- Billing frequency depends on the billing cycle the customer signs up for:
- Monthly: mailed by the 25th of the month prior, due the 20th of the month.
- Semi-annual: receive early January and July, due by the 20th of January and July.
- Annual: receive early January, due by January 20th.
How do change my billing frequency?
PLRWSD offers monthly, semi-annual and annual billing cycles. Please contact the PLRWSD Office for more information and to make a change.
How do I update my account information?
What if I am late with my payment?
Late fees will be assessed at $5 per month after the due date.
Who do I contact for planning and new construction?
For new residential sewer connections, please contact the PLRWSD Office during business hours to verify service and request a sewer connection permit application.
For new large developments or commercial properties, please call the PLRWSD Office during business hours and schedule a time to meet with a staff member.
Who do I contact about sewer backups?
For sewer backups in the home or if you notice sewage on the ground or coming out of a manhole, please contact the office during business hours or if outside business hours, call the Valley County Dispatch at 208-382-5160.
Who do I contact for sewer line locates?
For any excavation, please call Dig Line, 811 or 208-342-1585, prior to digging. This 24/7 Idaho hotline will identify all affected utilities in your project area.
For all other questions, please contact or visit PLRWSD office.